Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Washington D.C.





I met these guys from the Curiosity Group a few weeks ago and they came in for a tour. Dave Strawinski called on the 15th with a crazy opportunity. He has this friend who was coordinating Oprah's party at her personal chef's restaurant Art and Soul in D.C.. They wanted some hand crafted booze to pour and I happened to have some laying around. I Fed Exed 5 cases thinking that was that when they said they would put me on the list for the party. I didn't give it a second thought. I couldn't afford to go. and then there was the issue about what to wear to a thing like that...

Enter Ryan, our intrepid shareholder and construction dude. He got plane tickets and a room, paying dearly for it under the condition that he go with me. I tried to buy a suit, but my card was declined (Obviously), and mom came to the rescue... again.

I went to the party dressed in a Versace jacket and Hugo Boss pants learning only after the fact that those are cool designers.
My hat is off to Vickie Bordeeaux at Nordstrom. She defines customer service and I would advise that anyone seek her out.

At least I met some great people like Art Smith, Andre Agassi and two Marines that made the whole night. Too bad I couldn't have coffee the next morning with those two gorgeous women: Everything is too far by cab over there!

Either way, you still have to teach the elites how to pour absinthe...

1 comment:

Harlen said...

Well don't you look snazzy in your suit!