Friday, September 17, 2010

I need a new camera


I realize that I'm a loser. I haven't posted in over a year.

I wish I could say that it was because we were trucking along just great and I was so busy and had more money than I knew what to do with. Not exactly.

It has been the classic struggle of the "Dream". At times it is brilliant, like flying but more often, like taking mortar fire in the trenches.

Under capitalization, personality conflicts, too much strife, work, ego, legal wrangling, did I mention under capitalization?

Either way, Kieran left and has come back. Jeff Howard is sorely missed. Doug is missed. I don't even think he wants to be my friend anymore.

The rope is frayed, but we are still here. Crap, we shipped 105 cases last week and most are gone. We have incorporated "Distillery Row", in inner SE Portland; six independent distilleries working together to build an appellation beyond our small borders. We beat out the mainstream brands for exclusive bar placement at The art event of the year (Every year for the last ten I think): PICA's Time Based Art. A ten day deal that brings people from all over. Everywhere.

The ADI conference will be in Portland in April (Instead of Kentucky or California as it always has been). Just think of hundreds of distillers from around the country converging on our little city.

Then, the GADF, Edgefield, and all the other stuff.

I went to Wildwood last night, a swanky foodie's heaven. A lot of people don't talk about the bar though. Enter Ryan. Mixologist. Distiller (Martin Ryan and Apia Vodkas; Better than mine). five integrity cocktails, expertly crafted and creative. He gives foodies pause.
Try them out.

No comments: